[Tweeters] Sooty Grouse at Mima Mounds N.A.

Douglas Canning dcanning at igc.org
Fri Aug 12 14:19:55 PDT 2011

Tweets --

Earlier this week, on Tuesday the 9th, I heard a Sooty Grouse softly
"hooting" in the mixed forest south of the Mima Mounds Natural Area
parking lot. The five times I was here earlier this year during April-
to-early June, the period when they're usually most vocal, I heard

If you regularly hear or see Sooty Grouse, I'd be interested in knowing
of your observations of them in the recent months of this year.
Especially at Mima Mounds - I may have just had the bad luck to be here
when they were not vocal.

Douglas Canning
Olympia, Washington
dcanning at scattercreek.com