[Tweeters] Hudsonian Godwit and more

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Sat Aug 20 19:04:57 PDT 2011

Hello All,

This morning MerryLynn and I birded western Walla walla County. Birds of note were.....

Hudsonian Godwit -1 sub adult, second county record. Bird #223 for the year. See photos posted to MerryLynn's Flicker site below.
White winged Scoter -2 males off Two Rivers HMU-our first August record
Western Sandpiper-800+ on the Walla Walla River delta,350 + at the Two Rivers HMU
Semipalmated Plover-2 on the WWRdelta
Great Egret-6 birds WWRdelta
Least Sandpipers -12 WWRdelta
Lesser Yellowlegs - 8 on the WWRdelta
Sora-1 bird WWRdelta, bird #222 for the year
Virginia Rail-1 bird WWRdelta
Bullock's Oriole-3 birds WWRdelta

That is it for now.
Later Mike

Mike & MerryLynn Denny
Birding the beautiful Walla Walla Valley

"If you haven't birded, you haven't lived"