[Tweeters] Duck ID

Angela Percival angela at stillwatersci.com
Tue Aug 9 14:34:19 PDT 2011

The duck has been domesticated for thousands of years, and these are
considered "breeds," just like a Labrador Retriever is a breed. A
"designer dog" is a mix of breeds, like a "labradoodle, so I wouldn't
call them "designer ducks." Poultry shows are great fun.

They won't "breed true" when they mix with wild mallards. These all
descend from the mallard, so they readily interbreed.

Angela Percival
Poultry Nerd
Angela at stillwatersci dotcom
Olympia, WA