[Tweeters] Bar-tailed Godwit at Bottle Beach Sun. Aug. 14th (George Gerdts)

Geopandion at aol.com Geopandion at aol.com
Mon Aug 15 09:51:47 PDT 2011

Tweeters,

Mary Anne Rossing and I (George Gerdts) stopped at Bottle Beach yesterday
Sunday, Aug. 14th) to bird the incoming high tide. We arrived just before
noon. There were 500+ Marbled Godwits, 250+ Black-bellied Plovers, 50+
Short-billed Dowitchers, a few Ruddy Turnstones, and some Western and Least
Sandpipers. We scanned the Godwits and briefly saw the Bar-tailed before the
entire flock suddenly lifted off and headed south. Fortunately, some of
the birds returned. The ONLY Godwit that returned was the Bar-tailed, so
re-finding it was easy!! Here is a link to some digi-scope photos of the
molting adult Bar-tailed Godwit.

_http://campephilus.smugmug.com/Birds/Bar-tailed-Godwit-Bottle-Beach/1854659
5_467qwc#1432020439_SJLxRGk_
(http://campephilus.smugmug.com/Birds/Bar-tailed-Godwit-Bottle-Beach/18546595_467qwc#1432020439_SJLxRGk)