[Tweeters] Lake Sammamish swallows, herons & meadowlarks

Sharon Cormier-Aagaard scormieraa001 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 22:40:09 PST 2011

It was nice to see several Tree Swallows flying above the east fields today. Soon after, I saw a large flock of 70 Great Blue Herons flying from the lake in the direction of those same fields. They landed in several large cottonwood trees along Issaquah Creek (not their nest trees, which are still empty) and reminded me of decorations on Christmas trees.

Lots of bird song today, including two Western Meadowlarks perched and singing on tree tops.

Sharon Aagaard
Bellevue, WA
scormieraa001 at hotmail.com