[Tweeters] Re: [Shoreline Bald Eagle seen

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 09:41:22 PDT 2011

Last year I heard from several residents of the Pt. Edwards condos that another
resident had witnessed one of our local bald eagles taking out a red-tailed hawk
above Pt. Edwards.    I am inclined to believe them as I photographed one of the
local juvie bald eagles scavanging the remains of a red-tailed's wing from the
grounds of the old tank farm below the Pt. Edwards walkway.     It was probably
the red-tailed that I would regularly photograph perched on the nearby old light
tower above the retention pond at the end of the walkway.

There are currently two red-tailed hawks frequenting the vicinity of Pt.
Edwards, the Willow Creek fish hatchery, and the marsh in Edmonds.  I have seen
them flying circles together above Edmonds Way.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA.