[Tweeters] Spring Notes

Lee Rentz lee at leerentz.com
Thu Mar 17 09:09:45 PDT 2011

This morning a pair of New Money Ducks are feeding on spilled
sunflower seed on my deck; after laying an early egg in one of my
waterfront nest boxes. A herd of Evening Grosbeaks is dominating the
feeders, and the first Band-Tailed Pigeons have returned (it's going
to be an expensive month for bird feeding with this pair of
species!). A Steller's Jay continually made its Red-Tailed Hawk call
this morning, perhaps to keep rivals away from the feeders, and I
rewarded her performance with some whole peanuts.

While jogging the Green Lake pathway on Tuesday, dodging rainstorms,
I heard a Pacific Wren calling near the golf area--something I didn't
expect. I also enjoyed seeing a pair of Northern Shovelers among all
the ducks on the lake.

Lee Rentz
Shelton WA
http://leerentz.photoshelter.com