[Tweeters] Iceland Gull no

Marv Breece mbreece at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 30 23:39:06 PDT 2011

Tuesday (3.29.11) I dipped on the ICELAND GULL that Denny Granstrand reported recently at the Elwah River mouth west of Port Angeles. There were only about 40 gulls in the area.

I made a brief visit to Ediz Hook where the GLAUCOUS GULL remains.

Following up on Brad Waggoner's recent visit to Jefferson County, I saw the TUNDRA SWAN with 6 TRUMPETER SWANS near Chimicum. I also found the RED KNOT at Fort Flagler. Also at that location were a GLAUCOUS GULL and a SURFBIRD as well as 25 WESTERN SANDPIPERS mixed in with the DUNLIN, BLACK TURNSTONES and BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS.

At Mystery Bay Park were 2 BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS and a GREATER YELLOWLEGS.

Marv Breece
Seattle, WA
mbreece at earthlink.net