[Tweeters] Barred Owl in Arboretum

Lee Rentz lee at leerentz.com
Thu Nov 3 10:53:47 PDT 2011

On 2 November I enjoyed a beautiful autumn walk–with camera, of
course–in Seattle's Washington Park Arboretum. The misty morning and
autumn colors were gorgeous, but the highlight was a Barred Owl,
located by the always helpful Steller's Jays. You can see a couple
of photos from the experience at:

After a long hike in the Arboretum, I went jogging at Green Lake,
where there were lots of grebes and mergansers. Last week there were
big rafts of scoters on the ferry ride between Bremerton and Seattle.

Lee Rentz
Shelton, WA
lee at leerentz.com