[Tweeters] Southern I-5 birding

Scott Carpenter slcarpenter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 21:38:28 PST 2011

If you dip on your target Red-shouldered Hawk, there appear to be two
Red-shouldered Hawks at Ridgefield NWR these days. They are hit and miss
from the auto-tour route, and can sometimes be seen by scanning all perches
west and north from the hunter's gate (where there is a 90 degree left turn
in the road). I've also seen one on the auto-tour route near the blind and
in the ash woods after the blind, and at the western edge of the Carty
Unit. The Red-shouldered Hawk(s), and the Vermilion Flycatcher, can both
require a bit of patience, though.

Scott Carpenter
Portland, Oregon

--