[Tweeters] No-Snowy Owl Route

Gary Kelsberg kelsberg at u.washington.edu
Fri Nov 25 13:13:32 PST 2011

We dipped on Snowy Owls on the "Snowy Owl Route" south of Moses Lake yesterday, en route from Seattle to Spokane. But we saw almost 2 dozen American Kestrels, including two who were already celebrating the holiday, feasting on relatively enormous portions of vole. Looked to be about maximum carrying capacity, judging by the effort expended staying aloft.

Also, a Northern Shrike, a couple Rough-legged Hawks, numerous Red tailed Hawks at various points along I-90. And House Sparrows and House Finches at the Ryegrass Rest stop feeding station.

Gary Kelsberg

Sent from my iPhone