[Tweeters] Eurasian Green-winged Teal? (American-Eurasian intergrade?) at Magnuson Park

Barry Ulman ubarry at qwest.net
Mon Nov 28 22:34:41 PST 2011

Dear Rick,

It is my opinion that Green-winged Teal are the last of the dabbling ducks to come out of eclipse plumage. I have seen Green-winged Teal at this time of the year with neither the vertical stripe behind the chest nor the horizontal wing stripe, and I believe that they haven't quite attained their full regalia. Your bird shows a hint of the vertical stripe behind the chest; I suspect that it will come in fully in a short while, making it an American Green-winged Teal.

Barry Ulman
Bellingham, WA.