[Tweeters] Late report - Black-tailed Gull Saturday afternoon

amk17 at earthlink.net amk17 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 3 12:17:11 PDT 2011

Late report but the black-tailed gull was present Saturday from about 235 to 330 (at least I also was present during this time).

Linda Phillips and I decided to try for the gull early Saturday with no luck. We searched the log booms until about 1130 am or so. I returned later and found several other birders and with the exception of Jim Danzenbaker, I don't remember last names (my apologies). But, John, Don, Carol and a couple of other birders were present. John spotted the gull fly in at approximately 235pm. We all had great views until it decided to rest and tuck its head.

Quick question, the primaries did not appear to extend beyond the tail - is this common? Did I miss something?

A Kopitov
Seattle, WA