[Tweeters] 84 wood ducks at my feed this afternoon

viper.bob at frontier.com viper.bob at frontier.com
Mon Oct 3 19:32:03 PDT 2011

I have posted before about the annual fall wood duck invasion at my backyard pond. Well, it hasn't stopped and they are back in force. I have started scattering the feed (mixture of hen scratch and game bird pellets) around under my bird feeder which is near our deck and they come readily to it. This afternoon I counted them as they flew in and came up with 84, although I have had as many as 125 at one time.
Last year Martyn Stewart came out and recorded the sounds of them feeding out at my pond. You can hear it at the following link:

http://soundofcritters.com/archives/1353

I have also started rebuilding my photo website after having lost my previous one when Frontier took over Verizon. It is a huge task to go back over years of images, sort them, reprocess many of them, upload, title and caption them. I have only about 400 done so far with hundreds to go. If interested you can visit my new site at:

www.rlkimages.photoshelter.com

Thanks to everyone who has posted bird sitings, directions, etc. here on tweeters. They have been very helpful to me as a photographer.

Bob Kothenbeutel
Woodinville