[Tweeters] Snohomish/NE King birds

Pete Fahey peterfahey at comcast.net
Tue Oct 4 20:13:26 PDT 2011

Hi Birders:

On my way home from Monroe, I stopped by the prison farm ponds. Several
Ring-necked Ducks, a Lesser Scaup, several Mallards and Green Winged Teal.
I noticed a sign advertising the area available for paid duck hunting. Has
this land been privatized? Will there be any waterfowl there this winter?

At Sikes Lake, I saw 50 Greater White-fronted Geese and a dozen Pied-Billed
Grebes. Apparently the road dept. has fixed whatever was wrong with the
bridge, all of the traffic cones are gone allowing two way traffic again.

Pete Fahey
Issaquah, WA