[Tweeters] Fw: Marymoor 6 Oct 2011

B&PBell bellasoc at isomedia.com
Thu Oct 6 20:18:39 PDT 2011

Re: Marymoor todayHi Tweets

Michael Hobbs is in Prague for three weeks, and Matt Bartels & I substituted for him today at Marymoor.

Marymoor - 6 October 2011, 0635-1300, 51-60F, cloudy

Started out cool and cloudy, but really quite birdy (we were to 40 species before dog central). Fairly quiet, but we still managed to see lots of good birds including:

Two flights of Snow Geese (one of 70)
Wood Ducks with the males in prime plumage
Hooded Merganser with a beautiful male
A very obliging Cooper's Hawk that posed for us for several minutes
3 Red-tailed Hawks, with one immature with a blue wing tag (couldn't read a number)
A late flock of Violet-green Swallows
The first Varied Thrush of the season
Tons of Yellow-rumped Warblers, plus Orange-crowned, Wilson's and Common Yellowthroat
Several Fox Sparrows

63 species

bunny, Long-tailed Weasel, deer, Eastern Gray Squirrel

Brian H. Bell
Woodinville, WA
mail to bell asoc at iso media dot com