[Tweeters] Turkey Vultures on Whidbey Island Oct 8

MartIn Muller martinmuller at msn.com
Sun Oct 9 13:16:21 PDT 2011

Greetings tweeters,

A friend who lives on Whidbey Island called last night to tell me about seeing "several" groups of 20-50 Turkey Vultures near Midland, around 1 PM on sunny Saturday.
Around 2 PM when she arrived near her home (southeast of Useless Bay on Whidbey I.) she noticed another kettle of 20-30 birds.

She didn't watch long enough to determine if they were circling up and peeling off to the south (my question to her), but she did say that with her binoculars she could tell that none of the "faces" she saw had the red of the adults. In other words a lot of young of the year.

Martin Muller, Seattle, WA
martinmuller at msn.com