[Tweeters] White-throated Sparrow, Mourning Doves

johntubbs at comcast.net johntubbs at comcast.net
Mon Oct 10 14:50:38 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

Earlier today I had a beautiful White-throated Sparrow in the yard giving good looks for a few minutes.  Only have had them twice before in nine years here, so nice to see.  Several days ago, I was also surprised to see a Mourning Dove feeding on the ground with the sparrows.  Today, a pair of them showed up.  This is a species I've only had in the yard on two previous occasions as well (seems strange, having grown up back east where they were - and still are - absolutely everywhere).  Have had a single Eurasian Collared-Dove twice this year, both times showing up as the strange bedfellow with a flock of Band-tailed Pigeons.  Lincoln's Sparrows have made an appearance multiple times this fall so far, but no Fox Sparrows yet.

John Tubbs

Snoqualmie, WA

johntubbs at comcast.net