[Tweeters] White-throated Swifts Grant Co.

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Mon Oct 10 18:51:13 PDT 2011

Hello all,
At Dry Falls on 10/8 were 4 White-throated Swifts - any other late reports?
The same day there was one SURF SCOTER and 2 BANK Swallows behind the Best Western in Moses Lake - a couple dozen Western Grebes, several Horned Grebes and 2 Common Loons.
At Soap Lake we found another Surf Scoter and 4 Bonaparte's Gulls. Also 2 Pectoral, 1 Baird's, and 3 Least Sandpipers. Lots of Ruddy Ducks, Eared and Horned Grebes with a few Common Goldeneyes. There was one Great Egret flying over Lake Lenore and 19 Common Loons on Blue Lake. Ran into Doug and Barb Schonewald. Birds here included 2 TOWNSEND'S Warblers, 1 Common Yellowthroat, 1 House Wren, 1 Hermit and 4 Varied Thrush and lots of both kinglets and Yrumps.
WOW were we surprised at Bank's Lake - no lake left at all. But only found 1 Greater Yellowlegs and 1 LB Dowitcher. Looks like a great spot for buntings and longspurs in a month or so.
Later, ML
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
Birding the beautiful Walla Walla Valley

"If you haven't birded, you haven't lived"