[Tweeters] Ridgefield NWR - Tule Goose ????????????

Lyn Topinka pointers at pacifier.com
Tue Oct 11 09:25:07 PDT 2011

hi all ... while looking at some pictures I took of Greater
White-fronted Geese on Rest Lake at Ridgefield Refuge saturday I
noticed a beautiful chocolate GWF Goose on the edge of two images ...

is this a Tule GWF Goose ??? (it seems a bit small for what I
expected of a Tule, but then I've never seen one) ... a morphed
Greater White-front perhaps ??? ... a hybrid ??? ... do Lesser
White-fronteds ever stray into the Washington/Oregon area ??? ...

http://ridgefieldbirds.com/HoldingPen/RNWR_GWFGoose_chocolate_10-08-11.jpg

thanks,
Lyn
Vancouver, Washington