[Tweeters] Lewis County - SURF SCOTER

Dave Hayden dtvhm at nwrain.com
Fri Oct 14 13:55:25 PDT 2011

I spent a few hours this morning at the east end of Riffe Lake today. The best bird was a female SURF SCOTER in the middle of the lake. I scoped it from the point. You have to walk along the lake to get there, and start at the main access recreation area, which is a 1/2 mile after you cross the main creek.

There were at least 20 COMMON LOONS (no uncommom's)
30 HORNED GREBES
40 WESTERN GREBES
1 NORTHERN PINTAIL
48 GREEN-WINGED TEAL
3 RING-NECKED DUCKS
4 BUFFLEHEADS
9 HOODED MERGANSERS
15 COMMON MERGANSERS
80 CACKLER GEESE
1 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE
14 KILLDEER (No other shorebirds)
5 RING-BILLED GULL
90 CALIFORNIA GULLS
1 AMERICAN DIPPER
8 AMERICAN PIPITS

Dave Hayden
dtvhm AT nwrain.com
Centralia, WA

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6541 (20111013) __________

part000.txt - decompression could not complete (possible reasons: insufficient free memory or disk space, or a problem with temp folders)
part001.htm - decompression could not complete (possible reasons: insufficient free memory or disk space, or a problem with temp folders)

http://www.eset.com