[Tweeters] Anyone up for another stakout of Black-tailed Gull in Tacoma?

Bob Schmidt bobs at world-wide.com
Fri Oct 14 21:22:29 PDT 2011

I might make a fourth attempt to see the Black-tailed Gull on either
Saturday or Sunday, especially since Adam Sedgley has just seen it again.
I have seen some good birds on my other 3 trips to Tacoma but since it is a
fairly long drive from Bothell I would prefer having a birding partner (or 2
or 3). I thought after watching the preview screening of "The Big Year" my
wife might get a little more excited about chasing birds, but she reminded
me that it is not always that exciting in real (s-l-o-w motion log boom
scanning) life. She has been once and that was enough for her. So here
goes my green, carpooling pitch again. I very flexible about
transportation. I am willing to drive to Tacoma or drive to your house or
mutual location (anywhere in the greater Seattle Bellevue area). If you
want to drive I would certainly pitch in for gas. I am also somewhat
flexible on times though ideally I would like to search for the gull between
early and mid-afternoon as that seems to be the time of maximum success.
Also I would like to allot 2 to 3 hours for the gull hunt as I have already
spent a total of about 7 hours and just missed the gull on 2 occasions. I
certainly would consider additional stops at Dash Point and Browns Point if
you are interested, and could even leave early on Sunday if you want to do a
longer day including Nisqually. I have an inexpensive scope and bird books
which I am willing to share.

Please email me directly if you are interested in a gull stake out.

Bob Schmidt
Personal email: bobs at world-wide.com