[Tweeters] house finch with eye tumor

Else COBB peons2 at msn.com
Sun Oct 16 10:58:40 PDT 2011

My guess is that it is Avian Pox- judging by the size and place. How is that spread (if it is)?
Thank you

Else Cobb

CC: peons2 at msn.com; tweeters at u.washington.edu
From: lguy_Mcw at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] house finch with eye tumor
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 08:46:54 -0700
To: wldunc at comcast.net

Avian conjunctivitis
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/hofi/recognizing.html
Best help is to regularly clean your bird feeders ...
Guy Mcwethy
Sent from my iPad
On Oct 16, 2011, at 7:18 AM, Wendy Duncan <wldunc at comcast.net> wrote:

I have had several house finches with similar tumors.
Wendy DuncanWashougal, WA

On Oct 16, 2011, at 7:04 AM, Else COBB wrote:A house finch with larger than pea size eye tumor of the right eye visits my feeder. The tumor is black.Last year about this time a house finch with similar tumor visited the feeder, except at that time the tumor was red, with a black center.Is this the same bird, or is there a tumor disease around? The birds seem otherwise in good shape. I have photos of both birds.

Else Cobbpeons2 at msn.comSeattle (Madison Park area),WA 98112_______________________________________________
Tweeters mailing list
Tweeters at u.washington.edu