[Tweeters] Frisky Mallard Behavior: WHY???

Marc Hoffman tweeters at dartfrogmedia.com
Tue Oct 18 09:37:13 PDT 2011

My first thought was that it was courtship behavior, which fits with
the autumnal timing of Mallard pairing. But it's also interesting to
me that, after a couple of males start doing the hokey pokey, it is
the lone female toward the right side who really kicks things up. Now
I wish I'd taken more footage to see if that was a pattern ;(

Marc Hoffman
Kirkland, WA