[Tweeters] Seattle birding, 10/18, 10/19

wong chupaflor at igc.org
Wed Oct 19 13:16:16 PDT 2011

Hello Tweets,

No rarities to report, but I enjoyed the sight of 3 HORNED GREBES, at
Green Lake yesterday.

Earlier today, I flushed a WESTERN MEADOWLARK at the Montlake Fill,
wearing his Fall attire. I'm accustomed to seeing them in their
intense breeding colors, so this was a switch.

I found a single SAVANNAH SPARROW hanging around.

Also at the Fill, it was mostly AMERICANCOOT.com in Lake WA, but 2
WESTERN GREBES made an appearance, too. And, 2 lovely BALD EAGLES kept
watch in a dead tree.

Large flocks of Fall plumaged AMERICAN GOLDFINCHES and YELLOW-RUMPED
WARBLERS were spotted in various places at the Fill.

happy birding,
isadora arevalo wong
seattle, wa
chupalfor at igc.org