[Tweeters] Re: Frisky Mallard Behavior: WHY???

Marc Hoffman tweeters at dartfrogmedia.com
Wed Oct 19 10:59:15 PDT 2011

Martin,

Thanks so very much for this detailed explanation of the Mallard
behavior I videotaped at Nisqually. This is not the first time you've
greatly expanded my knowledge. I think the first was an email
exchange we had years ago about Pied-billed Grebe behavior, from
which your detailed description of your research on PBGR's led me to
do a complete camou job on my kayak.

I reviewed the source video of the Mallards, but for some reason the
male at the upper right decided enough was enough, and the routine
ended with the tail-shake and no head shake.

Marc Hoffman
Kirkland, WA