[Tweeters] tHE FATALETY OF THE FIRST TOWNSENT'S Warbler!!!!!!!!

Ruth Sullivan godwit513 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 20 13:36:43 PDT 2011

Hello Tweeters,
While on the telephone feeling real good,All of sudden I heard a big
bump.Looking at my patio ,there it was laying down not moving my first
Townsend's Warbler of the season,not moving at all. I rescue before small
birds hitting the window if you pick them up right away.I holding this
delicate bird in my hand ,he would not move,put some heat on him,but nothing
helped,This little male died instant,I looked at the neck,and it was also
not broken.This SPECIES we had in our yard for over 20 years every winter
usual leaving in MAY,IT IS THE FIRST FATALITY.I been looking for weeks for
there return,having all kind of Suet ready for all the winter arrivals.This
is a sad sad day for me.Hopeful more of this species arriving soon.

CHEERS Ruth Sullivan