[Tweeters] Edmonds Turkey Vulture 10-21-11

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 00:10:08 PDT 2011

Friday afternoon (10/21) I photographed a turkey vulture circling the Edmonds marsh as it was flying northbound over town.  It was overcast and all I got were silhouette shots.  At the time I thought it was some kind of hawk or possibly a juvenile bald eagle as I had never seen a turkey vulture in Edmonds.

I did not identify the bird until I got home and lightened the photos on the computer.  The head appeared to be all gray, making it a first year (July-November) juvie according to Sibley's.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA