[Tweeters] Nisqually American Golden Plover; O. S. Gnatcatcher photo

Ryan Shaw rtshaw80 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 23 19:00:03 PDT 2011

Greetings all -
Stopped by Nisqually NWR on our return back from the coast to try for the Bobolink. We struck on on the Bobolink but were lucky enough to find a juvenile American Golden Plover in among the Black-bellied Plover flock at high tide near the new boardwalk (about 3:30PM). Also a late Short-billed Dowitcher juv was still hanging out with the main flock of Plovers and Dunlin - getting a bit late for these guys. Luckily this plover stuck around for many people who were still at the refuge to see.
I did manage to get some photos of the Ocean Shores Blue-gray Gnatcatcher.
Find one at:
Ryan ShawTacomartshaw80 at hotmail.com