[Tweeters] Lincoln's Sparrow Song or Call?

Carol & Lynn Schulz carol.schulz50 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:34:51 PDT 2011

Hi Tweets:
I hope someone can help me out (and probably answer all on the list) with a bird song or call I heard yesterday. During our monthly census at Kent Ponds, out in the grass meadow area we had a few LINCOLN'S SPARROWS. I heard the classic zeet call and then looked into the tall grass at one of them at close range. I heard a few tik calls that I think were LISP's also. As I approached the middle tower, still out in the meadow, I heard a mournful see, tee, tee each note lower than the last. I wasn't sure what I was hearing. As I was listening to my notes this morning, Bird Note was being broadcast on NPR/KPLU in the other room. They said that was the fall song or call of Lincoln's Sparrow! I can't find a website w/ that bird song on it, and it is not mentioned in my field guides including the photographic guide to Sparrows of the US and Canada by Beadle and Rising.
Does anyone know if the see tee tee in the minor key is the fall song or call of Lincoln's Sparrow?
Yours, Carol Schulz
Des Moines
carol.schulz50 at gmail