[Tweeters] white throated sparrow Kenmore

Linda Phillips linda_phillips1252 at msn.com
Tue Oct 25 22:49:06 PDT 2011

Today I birded Wallace Swamp Creek Park in Kenmore. It was very birdy with a large mixed flock near the parking lot. I saw 25 species, including Black-throated Gray Warbler, Townsend's Warbler, Varied Thrush, and the most striking White-Throated Sparrow I've ever seen. The sparrow, a new species for my park list is #109. My last new bird was over a year ago so I was quite excited. I thought I was trying to coax a Fox Sparrow out into the open by making smacking noises but a WTSP popped up instead and gave my excellent views for several minutes.

Linda Phillips