[Tweeters] Mourning Dove at Magnuson Park

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Thu Oct 27 17:06:59 PDT 2011

Hello, tweets.

Just doing my weekly dragonfly census at Magnuson Park this afternoon and I came upon a juvenile Mourning Dove just off the path around the main promontory pond. It was ridiculously tame, pretty much ignoring passersby that were less than 5 feet from it, including a few dogs. It was gobbling up tiny seeds at a terrific rate. Moving up the food chain, I suppose it will be a light lunch for a Cooper's Hawk one of these days.

I don't know the status of Mourning Dove at Magnuson. I have not seen one there before.

Dennis Paulson
1724 NE 98 St.
Seattle, WA 98115
dennispaulson at comcast.net