[Tweeters] Ancient Murrelets, Discovery Park, Seattle - 29 Oct 2011

John Puschock g_g_allin at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 29 12:55:19 PDT 2011

Hi all,

This morning (10/29/11) at Discovery Park, Seattle, there were two Ancient Murrelets on Puget Sound off of West Point. After 1 hour+ of scanning, I found one, and after about 20 minutes of watching it off and on, it was joined by a second. They were pretty far offshore - I had my scope cranked up to 60x and found myself wishing for a little more, but they were close enough to occasionally make out the pale bill. They eventually flew at least a half mile to the south.

The most unexpected bird (to me) was a Chestnut-backed Chickadee that perched momentarily on the top of the lighthouse.

John Puschock
Matthews Beach, Seattle
g_g_allin at hotmail.com
http://www.zbirdtours.com