[Tweeters] Hooded Mergansers & Belted Kingfisher

Doug Schurman doug at bodyresults.com
Sun Oct 30 14:46:24 PDT 2011

Speaking of the Hooded Mergansers Stephen Hubbard mention I found at pair at North Seattle Community College yesterday thanks to a tip from Edel Shine. There was also a Belted Kingfisher there fishing and doing quite well. I enjoyed watching both species using the same area of the pond. The Hooded Mergansers came up with the same type of fish the Kingfisher was getting.

I also enjoyed some nice shows of the full hood opened up on the male. I went to NSCC specifically hoping to get some decent photos of the Hooded Merganser. I ended up with a pictures I'm really proud of for both the Hooded Mergansers and the Belted Kingfisher.

If anyone is interested you can see a few pictures of the Hooded Mergansers and Belted Kingfisher at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlebirdman/sets/72157627889428911/

I prefer the slideshow mode for larger viewing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlebirdman/sets/72157627889428911/show/with/6296344772

Doug Schurman
NE Seattle