[Tweeters] Tropical Kingbird at Helen's Pond, Sequim Oct. 30th (G. Gerdts)

Geopandion at aol.com Geopandion at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 15:53:58 PDT 2011

Salutations,

I drove to Sequim yesterday morning (Sunday, Oct. 30th), and I was able to
relocate the Tropical Kingbird that many others have been reporting from
the area. It was not in the dead cedars south of the Three Crabs Restaurant,
so I drove around the corner and found it sitting on the phone wires
opposite Helen's Pond, just a 1/4 east of The Three Crabs. After watching it
for a few minutes, it flew across the dry pond to the snags south of the
pond. There it sallied forth catching insects under the watchful eyes of the
near-resident female Peregrine. I was there from 11:30 AM to 12:15 PM.

George Gerdts
_geopandion at gmail.com_ (mailto:geopandion at gmail.com)
206-842-8138