[Tweeters] Re: Bellingham Caspian Terns summary of events (a bit long) 2009-10

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 23:24:58 PDT 2011

Joe: thanks for the report.  Tonight (Tuesday 9/6) after sunset I photographed 2-3 Caspian terns off Sunset Ave. in Edmonds including one unsuccessfully diving for a fish.  They were the first Caspian terns I have seen in about three weeks.  I have not seen or heard any juvies like I did last year.

The Everett Herald recently published an article about the possible closure of the Kimberly-Clark  pulp mill in Everett.  The site sounds like another potential Caspian tern breeding ground.    I wonder if there could be some kind of tax advantage and/or financial incentive to Kimberly-Clark  to turn the grounds into a wildlife refuge if no buyer can be found for the mill.

 http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20110901/BIZ/709019872

Follow-up article:
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20110906/NEWS01/709069833

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA