[Tweeters] Take the King County Parks survey by Sept. 14

Marc Hoffman tweeters at dartfrogmedia.com
Tue Sep 13 14:50:08 PDT 2011

Hi Darrel,

Your point is spot-on (ugh, is that a dog pun?)
and also has appeal to a wider consituency than
just birders, which might be helpful in getting the County to respond.

Personally, with such a huge offleash area being
offered at Marymoor, I would love to see them
completely ban dogs from all other areas of the park.

Possibly working with S.O.D.A. (the organization
that sponsors the offleash area) would also yield
some creative solutions. Surely S.O.D.A. could
encourage assertive self-policing by dog owners.
A related approach would be to include, on all
signage, an emergency phone number to report
violators, which might put violators on notice.
But in the final analysis, we need police
officers to mete out painful penalties. It's not
about education; when I politely explain the rule
to violators, about 90% have some (lame) excuse why it doesn't apply to them.

Marc Hoffman
Kirkland, WA