[Tweeters] Seattle HOUSE WREN

Jeffrey Bryant jbryant_68 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 17:32:50 PDT 2011

An hour at Discovery Park this afternoon yielded one bird of note:  a HOUSE WREN working the brush near the south parking lot.  Specifically, it was up the paved trail leading north from the lot, at the top of the second staircase (the one partially blocked by logs) running up the hill to the left.  According to more than one field guide’s range maps, Seattle should be crawling with ‘em, but this one was my first in city limits in nearly a decade of birding here, and only the second or third for the county.
In the same area was my first Hermit Thrush of the season, feasting on honeysuckle berries and bitter cherries.
Jeff Bryant
jbryant_68 AT yahoo.com