[Tweeters] Edmonds & Magnuson Park - 21 Sep 2011

John Puschock g_g_allin at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 21 16:26:22 PDT 2011

Hi all,

At the Edmonds fishing pier, a friend and I saw an immature Parasitic Jaeger around 11:30 AM. We spotted it when it was fairly far offshore, coming in from the south. It then turned and flew into the Underwater Park area. It flew behind the crane that's docked there, but we didn't have time to drive up there to see if it was sticking around.

This afternoon at Magnuson Park, Seattle, we saw two Eurasian Collared-Doves. They were hanging around the north end of the park, mostly around the parking lot just north of the athletic fields. If I recall correctly, at least one was reported from the park a few months ago, so perhaps not a big deal, but I'm figuring this may be the last time I'll be able to report a Eurasian Collared-Dove from _anywhere_ as any sort of rarity. :)

Finally, we had 14 birders show up to "Aves & Ales" last night. We hope to do it again in about 2 months. I'll post about it a few weeks before the next event.

John Puschock
Matthews Beach, Seattle
g_g_allin at hotmail.com
http://www.zbirdtours.com