[Tweeters] Black-Tailed Gull Continues (at Commencement Bay)

Hans-Joachim Feddern thefedderns at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 22:12:17 PDT 2011

Thank you Kevin and Carol for posting your update on Tacoma's "Gull
Central". We also had a couple of likely *Thayer's Gulls* there yesterday
with a brief look at what may have been the *Sabine's Gull.* I also found an
adult *Western Gull* there the previous day.

We also went to Point Defiance late yesterday, with about the same results
as Carol. It appeared to be slack tide with not much water movement to
attract many gulls. A pair of loudly calling *Common Ravens* was the
exception. We also saw them on the ground at the side of Five Mile Drive.

*WARNING*: We ran across a visiting business woman from Virginia at the
Vashon View Point, who had the passenger window in her rental car smashed
and her purse with all ID's and credit cards stolen. She called us today and
we found out, that this is the third car break-in at Pt. Defiance this week.
Be careful out there and do not leave any valuables in your car!

Good Birding!

Hans

--
*Hans Feddern*