[Tweeters] Or-crnd Warbs, Purp. Finches - Des Moines

Carol & Lynn Schulz carol.schulz50 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 14:06:19 PDT 2012

Hi Tweets:
It's partly cloudy, warm, and breezy here. Temps in upper 50's. The woods of Des Moines Creek Park are alive with singing Purple Finches mid-day today, Wed, Apr 4. We first started to hear a few sing in our neighborhood on Wed, Mar 21. The neighbor with the bird feeder says a pair of Rufous Hummingbirds arrived here about 1 week ago.
Up on 18th Ave which is a trail to Des Moines Creek through a greenbelt, and near 216th St, the ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS have arrived. I saw one and heard two singing. I heard a Hutton's Vireo sing briefly. I'm hearing lots of bird song, and the little birds are chasing each other. Am. Goldfinches have still not come back.
Carol Schulz
Des Moines
carol.schulz50 at gmail