[Tweeters] Odd Marsh Wren behavior

Jack Stephens jstephens62 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 8 10:27:03 PDT 2012

At Juanita Bay Park yesterday, I was able to follow a Marsh Wren as it
worked the edge of the lake gleaning for food. Suddenly it stopped,
cocked its head to one side, and held that position for several minutes.
It as notable how still it was compared to its usual level of activity.
I assume this is a defensive posture, all the better to see predators
overhead, but it something I have never seen a bird do before. Below is
a picture of what I am trying to describe. Any ideas on what it was doing?

Thanks

Jack Stephens
jstephens62 at comcast.net
Edmonds, WA