[Tweeters] Banding - Time to stop this thread which has gotten personal and ugly

MARY SAWATZKI jernestw at att.net
Wed Apr 11 21:01:15 PDT 2012

Dear Reginald etal,
I agree. In this world I can count many citizen scientists. It does not matter
that they do not have fancy college degrees or are fortunate to have jobs that
will recognize their involvement nor awards to testify to their contributions to
the general knowledge of animals, birds and plants. One of our "local birders
of notes" is a house painter. His observations are legend in the greater San
Francisco Bay area. We respect him and enjoy his company. Our tent is vast
here. Noting the general state of affairs regarding the precarious state of our
environment at this time we are more that happy to have any and all join in. I
am personally just a little more than frightened with the divisive trend of
thought of this thread. Let's all get back together and try to give this little
planet one more chance. It's nice to be nice. Let's restore dignity and
respect to all even the most humble.

Thanks,
Mary Westlake
Central Berkeley, Ca.