[Tweeters] Marymoor Park Report (Redmond, King Co., WA) 2012-04-12

Ryan Merrill rjm284 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:36:42 PDT 2012

It does seem to be an excellent year in general for "eastside" species
showing up in Western Washington.

This is without a doubt the best year for Say's Phoebes. I'm aware of
about 42 birds so far (90% from Clark, King & Skagit) including the
4-5 early birds that showed up in February. I believe this is about
double the tally of the previous best spring on record and they're
probably not done yet.

Mountain Bluebird numbers seem a bit higher than usual, though I'm not
sure about the numbers there yet

Other highlights so far that I've heard of:

2 Loggerhead Shrikes (Clark & King)
2 Sage Thrashers (Clark & King)
1 Sage Sparrow (Clark)
1 Brewer's Sparrow (King)
3 early Vesper Sparrows (Skagit & Snohomish)

It will be interesting to see what else this spring migration season brings.

Ryan Merrill
Kirkland