[Tweeters] Cowlitz County

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 17:09:09 PDT 2012

Hi Tweeters,

This morning (4/13/12) there were 50 GREAT EGRETS in Meeker's Pond at
Kalama and 5 more at the nests in the heronry at the Port of Kalama.
Earlier this week there was only a couple in this area. Could it be shaping
up for a banner year of this species nesting here?

This afternoon there were 9 LESSER YELLOWLEGS in the pond in the corn
stubble along Dike Road opposite the entrance to Martin's Bar in the
Woodland Bottoms. This is about 0.5 miles south of Dike Access Road. The
water in the agriculture fields in the Woodland area is disappearing fast
this week so we may not get the shorebird fun like last year.

Yesterday there were 2 pairs of WESTERN BLUEBIRDS checking out the nest
boxes on Slightly Road 0.5 miles south of Toutle. I've only seen Tree
Swallows use these in past years.

Russ Koppendrayer
Longview, WA
russkopeATgmailDOTcom