[Tweeters] Shrike at Fill

Connie Sidles constancesidles at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 05:22:44 PDT 2012

Hey tweets, Gregg Thompson and Doug Parrott both managed to get
pictures of a shrike at the Fill yesterday, and both show a Northern
Shrike. They took pictures back-to-back with each other, so
undoubtedly they photographed the same bird. I have to say that the
photographs they showed me do not look like the bird I saw yesterday.
The bird I saw yesterday did not have barring on its breast, and its
bill looked shorter. I saw the bird from a distance of about 30 feet
in bright sunlight. On the other hand, it seems highly unlikely that
two shrikes would be at the Fill at the same time. So maybe I need to
have my eyes examined! I'll be out there this morning trying to find
shrikes of any stripe. You're all welcome to join me in the Great
Shrike Hike. - Connie, Seattle