[Tweeters] Neah Bay, Sunday.

Nigel Ball nigelj.ball at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:31:44 PDT 2012

The highlight was 49 SANDHILL CRANES heading north. To my surprise, they
still spent 15-20 minutes circling and 'plucking up courage' to head over
the water. It's true that they gained a little height, but not much.
Also present a single MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD. I also spent some time
photographing a reasonably late '1W' THAYER'S GULL, mostly because of the
interesting discussions online about distinguishing same from Herring x
Glaucous-winged. I'll send my conclusions!
Bainbridge Island