[Tweeters] Long-billed Curlew at Ridgefield NWR

Roger Windemuth roger at windemuths.com
Wed Apr 18 16:34:42 PDT 2012

A Long-billed Curlew was sighted this morning on the Auto Tour route at the
River "S" Unit of the Ridgefield NWR. It was first sighted and reported by
the refuge's Maintenance Director, Gary, who was harrowing a field East of
Schwartz Lake. It then moved over to the east side of the lake by Marker
#12 where I met Alex Chmielewski, the refuge biologist. I was able to take
some pictures of it there. After I left, I understand that it flew over
Rest Lake where it was reported seen on the north side of the lake. A
couple of the pictures I took of the curlew can be seen at
http://photos.lumiscapephotography.com/Birds/Sandpipers-Snipes-Stilts-Other/
1105634_FDVgFz#!i=1801571944
<http://photos.lumiscapephotography.com/Birds/Sandpipers-Snipes-Stilts-Other
/1105634_FDVgFz#!i=1801571944&k=WC7NCrS> &k=WC7NCrS

Roger Windemuth
roger at windemuths.com