[Tweeters] "Back Yard" Looning

ray holden rayleeholden at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 14:27:58 PDT 2012

As I've mentioned before, I live on a boat and today I stepped out on deck at noon and just a few feet away was this beautiful guy diving for the little fish that swim in the shallows. http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt158/rayleeholden/?action=view&current=Loon-048-1.jpg and  http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt158/rayleeholden/?action=view&current=Loon-049.jpg  We have a few loons pass through Olympia this time of year and I assume that they are making their way inland but I've never had one visit me at home.   In 2010 my tree swallow nest box failed due to some sort of perdition and the swallows said no thanks last Spring.  Today I noticed swallows checking it out. Hopefully they will have better luck if they choose to move in.

Ray Holden
Olympia, WA

Life is for the birds.