[Tweeters] Poof, its gone

Joel Haas haas.joel at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 19 20:35:10 PDT 2012

I love Rob's posts. He is such a great observer, and a great writer.
But his current observation stimulates a personal comment.

I am squeamish and feel that graphic descriptions of birds being killed
by raptors should be excluded from "Tweeters" (like killings by mist
nets, cats, hunters ). Yes, I know it is "normal"....but so are other
off limits behaviors, "statistically normal" in terms of population,
i.e. people or pets who do those things.

Argue with the logic and math if you wish. But then defend the horror
of a description of a bird being killed.

Rob's description of startling a Great Blue Heron a while back and its
reflexive defecation are OK by me.

Argue if you wish.

Joel E. Haas
haas.joel at mindspring.com