[Tweeters] South Sound migrants and local first arrivals

bill shelmerdine georn1 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 22 18:03:31 PDT 2012

Greetings Tweeters,
Stayed close to home this weekend, but there seemed to be quite a few birds moving in and around. Sightings were from our area off of Steamboat Island Road in NW Thurston County. On Saturday 4/21 a WESTERN KINGBIRD passed through and lingered for only about 5 minutes. Seems like on the early side, but I haven't checked my records. Today I noted first-of-year CASSINS VIREO and WILSONS WARBLER. Brown-headed Cowbird and Band-tailed Pigeon have been daly sightings for about a week now, and probably the most common species in our neighborhood for the past several days have been Evening Grosbeaks. Things are picking up...
Good luck and good birding...
Bill Shelmerdine, Olympia
georn1 at hotmail.com