[Tweeters] migrants in Seattle

pan panmail at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 29 20:27:37 PDT 2012

All,

Birds in Seattle's Washington Park Arboretum today included a WESTERN
WOOD-PEWEE, a PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER, two WARBLING VIREOs, and a noisy
PILEATED WOODPECKER (which I don't think I've seen there before today).

In late afternoon at Montlake Fill (east of the U. W. stadium), the
WESTERN KINGBIRD was feeding east of the E-5 parking lot. A COMMON
YELLOWTHROAT was singing near the slough north of there, two OSPREY flew
overhead to the west, and a pair of BREWER'S BLACKBIRDs was near the
helicopter pad.

29 April, 2012,

Alan Grenon
Seattle